800APC - Featuring the PC3S Control this saw includes: Automatic indexing, heavy-duty, hydraulic, metal cutting, high-speed band saw with programmable control and servo shuttle. Capacity 31.25" x 37.5"
Capacity Rectangles Rounds
- Nominal 31.25" x 37.5" (794 mm x 952 mm) 31.25" (794 mm)
- Blade at 45 o - Right 31.25" x 25.5" (794 mm x 648 mm) 25.5" (648 mm)
- Blade at 45 o - Left 31.25" x 24.75" (794 mm x 629 mm) 24.75" (629 mm)
- Blade at 60 o - Right 31.25" x 17.5." (508 mm x 444 mm) 17.5" (444 mm)
- Blade at 60 o – Left 31.25" x 16" (508 mm x 406 mm) 16" (406 mm)
- Blade Drive: Electric with sensorless vector control for smooth acceleration and full torque.
- Speed Range: Infinitely variable:60 to 400 FPM (18.3 to 122 m/min), 15 HP Standard. Blade speed can be automatically set when material is selected.
- Tilting Column: For miter cutting up to 60o left and right of vertical. Hydraulically powered cam link design includes built-in protractor with MARVEL PC3 controller.
- 3° Canted Column: Standard 3-degree forward approach angle for increased efficiency in cutting of structural materials.
- Feed Force: Direct Force Sensing Electric Ball Screw Feed 0 – 350 lbs. (1560 N); column travels on recirculating linear ball ways. Feed pressure can be automatically set when material is selected.
- Blade: 25’ (7620 mm) long x 2" (51 mm) wide, .063" (1.6 mm). One Welded-Edge Band is furnished with each machine as part of standard start-up supplies.
- Blade Guides: Rotating Easy Load Combination Carbide and Ball Bearing Roller guides with self tensioning design.
- Blade Tension: Hydraulically controlled, 45,000 psi. max. (310 MPa). Machine equipped with automatic blade break/blade stall shut-off switch.
- Upper Blade Guide Arm: Hydraulically positioned and locking, controlled by selector switch at operator's station.
- Vises: Hydraulic, full stroking with 12” high x 20” wide 60o faceplates. Optional variable vise pressure available (Option Code M9A). An optional second machine vise is available (must specify right or left hand machine configuration at the time of order - Option Code F4).
- Coolant System: Built-in with Flood system, available with Drop Lubrication system (requires compressed air connection) (Option codes ML1 & ML2), including chip pan with manual hand crank type chip conveyor.
- Work-Rest Rollers: Two turned ball bearing rollers, one on the entry side and one on the discharge side of the machine bed.
- Flushing Hose: Washes away chips from hard-to-get-at places reducing clean-up time.
- Automatic Bar Feed: The Patented Automatic Bar Feed design features a 72” stroke length with indexing speeds of up to 32 ft./min. The bar feed vise is servo driven with encoder feedback, and combines precision double ball screws with preloaded recirculating linear guides, resulting in positioning accuracy of +/- .005” per index. The vise itself is hydraulically clamped to prevent material slippage.
- MARVEL PC3 PROGRAMMABLE CONTROL®: Provides a Programmable Logic Control Unit with an 8” color, touch screen display. The control features graphical part programming with memory for up to 500 jobs and parts, as well as a material selection chart and customizable material library. Both blade speed and feed force are automatically set according to material type for optimal cutting performance. Job programming consists of setting the cut-off length, angle and number of pieces to be cut. Additional features include Inch/Metric capability, out-of-stock shut down device, a fast cut job option and expanded memory storage using removable media. Also includes Jammed Blade Protection that senses resistance as the column returns and stops to prevent blade damage.
- Material can also be fed through the machine manually in both directions using the hydraulic shuttle vise. Blade can be stopped with all other power functions operative.
- Bullet Nose Cutting: This standard feature allows automatic cutting of multiple angles on the end of an incoming work piece. The multiple angle or “bullet nose” feature is available only on PC3S machines that are equipped with servo controlled automatic bar feed tables. The desired angles are easily programmed into the Marvel PC3S control using our intuitive graphical interface. The control then determines the most efficient sequence in which to make the various miter cuts. Following the initial cut in a multi-angle program, the bar feed table automatically advances the work piece far enough to clear the cutoff piece from the work area. It then repositions the work piece as required for the subsequent cuts. The ability to program and run parts of this type automatically saves time by eliminating the need for additional handling and secondary set ups.
- Table Height: 52”
- Main Drive: 15 H.P., 1800 RPM, totally enclosed, fan cooled, ball bearing.
- Coolant Pump: 1/2 H.P. (.37 kW), I.P. 54 Rating, totally enclosed motor built-in integrally.
- Hydraulic Pump: 5 H.P. (3.7 kW), 1800 RPM, totally enclosed fan cooled, ball bearing, system pressure 900 psi (6.2 MPa).
- Controls: IEC fused disconnect switch and magnetic motor starters with overload and low-voltage protection. Power supply provides low voltage (24 volts DC) control to all push buttons at operator's control panel and machine lighting circuits. PLC control and drives mounted in moisture tight compartment with vibration isolation mountings.
- Notice: This quotation is based on the assumption that the end user’s electrical power supply conforms to National Electrical Code NFPA No. 79-1997, paragraph 5.7, at the machine terminals. A copy of this paragraph is available upon request.
- Standard Machine Color: Machine Tool Gray
Start-up Supplies included with each machine:
- Hydraulic Oil: 10 gallons (38 liters) in machine.
- Cutting Fluid: 2 gallons (8 liters) soluble oil.
- Bandsaw Blades: One (1) Welded-Edge Blade.
- Manufacturer’s Technical Data: Two (2) sets consisting of parts list, operating and maintenance instructions, installation plan, wiring, elementary electric and hydraulic diagrams, and electrical and hydraulic component list.
|Capacity Nominal||31.25" x 37.5" (794 mm x 952 mm)|
|Capacity 45° Right||31.25" x 25.5" (794 mm x 648 mm)|
|Capacity 45° Left||31.25" x 24.75" (794 mm x 629 mm)|
|Capacity 60° Right||31.25" x 17.5." (508 mm x 444 mm)|
|Capacity 60° Left||31.25" x 16" (508 mm x 406 mm)|
|Speed Range||60 to 400 FPM (18.3 to 122 m/min)|
|Feed Force||0 – 350 lbs. (1560 N)|
|Blade Size||25’ long x 2" wide, .063" (7620mm x 51mm x 1.6mm)|
|Blade Tension||45,000 psi. max. (310 MPa)|
|Main Drive||15 H.P., 1800 RPM|
|Coolant Pump||1/2 H.P. (.37 kW)|
|Hydraulic Pump||5 H.P. (3.7 kW)|
- 800APC Floor Layout
- Warranty: Marvel Manufacturing Company, Inc. warrants to the original user for a period of (2) years on parts and labor from the date of factory shipment, that every new MARVEL metal sawing machine is free from defect in material and workmanship. During that period, we will, at our option, repair or replace any part which, upon examination, we find defective. This warranty will not apply to alterations or modifications made upon MARVEL metal sawing machines without our written consent, or to machines which have been subject to willful abuse.